Monday, June 2, 2014

Everything to me

You used to hold me up
Be my strength
Be the one to follow
When the world was so scary
you were my rock
You were my baby
Everything in my life
My future
My past
My heart
My life
My whole world
You were my balance point
The one grounding me to earth
You were the one I cared for
The one I held at night
Hugged every morning
Now with you gone
You still are my everything
My thoughts in the morning
My last waking dream
My memories
And my past
You consume me
The loss of you
Surrounds my waking moments
Haunts me in my dreams
Wishing for your strong arms
That comfort and safety
Everything surrounds like a crushing mountain of regret
The stabbing
Slices my only release
The flowing and ebbing
Never releasing me from this nightmare
Constantly homesick
For a place I'm never sure I can return
Just longing for your warmth
Constantly missing you
But no matter how I feel
"I'll love you forever
I'll love you for always
As long as you'll have me
Your baby I'll be..."

No comments:

Post a Comment