Monday, February 2, 2015

Rain pouring down

The rain rips out my bleeding heart
As tears stream down my face
Choices that once seemed so far
Are finally in the race
My heart's pieces are falling to dust
The red is rushing in
The rain keeps pouring down around
Every dream comes to an end
Nightmares become reality
Never a break in sight
The rushing never stops completely
Ending seems so right
Light so hard it's crushing
Truth so sharp it's cutting
Blades and figures come together
Dancing in elegant promise
Nothing good shall come
Nothing right shall follow
For as long as I keep fighting
Everything seems so shallow
Promises, people, future, profession
Never resting odds
For all the things that happened
Nothing comes to my favour
Stop fighting for a second
Question just one glance
Everything ripped from my hands
As though it never exists
The rain is pouring down
My woes are filling up
The crimson that once promised relief
No longer enough

No comments:

Post a Comment